Website Construction and Google Ads Working Together
How are website construction and Google Ads connected? For me, the start of the online marketing process is always the website. Either being part of the website construction or doing a website audit.
Poor websites lead to expensive Google Ads click costs. Lead conversions will also lag. You do not want to leak money because the basis (your website) of your online marketing is weak.
What do good websites have in common?
• Smart choices of domain names. The domain name has to associate with your product, brand or service.
• Local quality hosting and ongoing digital defense. Website hacking can ruin your sales. Take out insurance against this disaster.
• HTTPS secure format only. Visitors to your website need to be able to trust your site. Do not fall at the very first hurdle.
• Satisfaction Guarantees or refund policy. Build trust. Let visitors know what to expect.
• Mobile friendly websites. Clickable telephone numbers. Icons and buttons for easy navigation. Each page should be linked to the rest of the content.
• Effective calls to action and proper sales funnels. Google Ads is all about leads and sales. Information websites and being understated is not effective in the home services sector.
• Fast loading. Visitors are becoming more impatient. High bounce rates drive Google click costs up.
• Unique, useful and engaging content. Identifying and solving problems with your service.
• The ability to add content quickly at minimal cost.
• They contain local personalised content if marketing to a specific locality outside metropolitan areas.
• Pages should link to additional online content – other similar topic websites.
What Sets Professional Google Ads Management Apart?
At the heart of professional Google Ads management is to try and secure enough quality leads within your client’s budget. It is up to Tradie Clicks to expertly manage the process. This involves:
Ongoing keyword and search term research. Competitive bidding can be blunted by finding longer-tail keyword niches. Finding enough such keyword variants will drive the average Google Ads click cost down.
Creating quality ad copy and extension options to attract the best possible online response. The aim is to unlock those combinations with the highest CTR (click-through rates).
Maintaining the accuracy of searches. This means blocking poor searches with negative keywords and using negative keywords to prevent Ad groups from competing with each other.
Making sure that the landing page experience is as good as possible. There is no point in driving accurate affordable traffic to a poor website. There is simply too much choice for online visitors to stay on such a website.
Better quality scores may lead to a lower competitive click cost and better advertising positioning. The landing page experience has to be as good as possible because forms part of the quality score.
Study the Google Ads conversion data. Keywords, Ad groups, Ads, and extensions are all measured against conversions. Conversions could be counted as a completed lead form or a phone call.
The connection between quality web construction and Google Ads is so often underestimated. The reality is that Google will charge a click cost according to an automated quality score.
Treat Your Clients Budget With Care
Google Ads managers are not always mindful of the pressure of expenses in a business. I promise to treat your money as if it was mine and do everything I can to not overpay Google.